Blessed with rain

This morning we are blessed with rain, the 'doesn't look like much, but soaks you to the bone' type.

I really fancied a full cooked breakfast this morning, so I attempted to find a restaurant called 'Roast' in Borough Market which a colleague had recommended. Eventually, quite soaked, I tracked it down. I checked out the menu by the door - £15 for the full breakky. Hmmm. Ok. But when I tried the door - locked. So what is that about?

I'm now in Eat, having a latte and an eggs benedict muffin. It isn't quiet hitting the spot, and I made a tactical error by saying yes when asked if I wanted sauce. I'm eating a muffin which tastes of HP with hints of egg and bacon. That's just so wrong.

A chap has just parked his bike up and come in. If you were short sighted you might think '20 something courier', but taking a close look you see something pretty incongruous.

He's dressed the part, right down to his socks, but the face has seen 40+ years of rugged life, the hair looks like a shaggy straw yellow wig, and there is a distinct middle aged spread about the waistline.

There is something a bit sad about someone obviously in the second age of life trying to pull off the hip & trendy surfer dude peter pan look and failing. Just look at the aging pop stars sporting hairstyles fashionable amongst teenagers. Not convincing is it?

Perhaps I'm too mired in convention, age hardening my attitudes into well worn, comfortable, but inflexible paths. Next stage: grumpy intolerant old woman.

A jazz number is playing now, and my feet are tapping away irrepressibly.

♪♫♪ "My baby don't care for high time places." ♫♪♫

If I were at home I could concoct one of my bacon and egg butties:
▪ Fry two rashers of bacon and one egg
▪ Half way through cooking break the yolk and turn the egg over
▪ Put one slice of bread in the pan, frying one side
▪ Place the half fried slice on the plate fried side up
▪ Layer on the bacon then the egg
▪ Season with a dash of Worcestershire sauce
▪ Close with a second slice of bread
▪ Serve

Delicious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility