Duly shattered

I didn't have such a good night's sleep last night. I was in bed by 8:45pm, with my alarm set for 4am, but i awoke at 2:30am from bizarre dreams, and got up at 3am deciding that sleep would not return.

On the plus side this did mean I had plenty of time to do my ironing and packing for London, I even had time to dig out my old travelling thermos mug and make a coffee for my journey.

I've been struggling to stay awake on the train despite the caffeine. Remembering a little forehead massage we used to do as kids, I just did a brief fingertip massage of the eyebrow area and now I feel ridiculously refreshed and rather chirpy. It is quite a contrast from the dour emotions I've been experiencing about my return to work after my week off.

I must add that to my list of coping strategies.

On Saturday morning I had to visit the Minor Injuries Unit in Otley. A couple of weeks ago I was chatting to my neighbour and dropped a glass I was holding which duly shattered. I managed to get a cut on my heel while I was collecting up the fragments. I had checked the wound for glass but didn't find any.

Anyway, time passed and it started to heal. Over the last week it started feeling swollen and began weeping. When I woke up on Saturday I was concerned enough to visit the hospital, fearing a splinter of glass stuck in my heel or it going septic.

There was no sign of a foreign body on the x-ray, so they gave me some antibiotics and a dressing. I was quite relieved to avoid any digging to fish out a splinter, although they did warn me there might be a tiny fragment working its way out, too small to show on the x-ray.

The antibiotics are giving me a bit of an upset stomach and I feel yucky. That's preferable to blood poisoning I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility