Bonkers with the strimmer

Another week, another train from Leeds to London. Perhaps because of the ash, but the train is busier than usual. Several business types are conducting conference calls. I think I'd prefer screaming babies. Time for the iPod.

♪♫♪ "I can't seem to face up to the facts, I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax." ♫♪♫

Seems appropriate, but the iPod's offerings on shuffle are frequently disconcerting. The ole Barnum Effect perhaps.

I'm hoping I'll truly relax once this afternoon's appointment with the consultant is behind me.

The weekend was full of displacement activities. Swabbing the deck, cutting the grass and going bonkers with the strimmer. I even scrubbed the hob and surrounding areas clean, and that has lurked at the bottom of my To Do list for some time.

I'm quietly enjoying the no fly restrictions which have emptied the skies. The birdsong seems riotous with nothing to override it. When a helicopter flew over the house yesterday its racket caused me some consternation - it was so noisy I thought a plane was coming down.

♪♫♪ "Don't blame me it just isn't fair." ♫♪♫

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility