Whmp, whmp, whmp

I was in Liverpool last Sunday for Zappa Plays Zappa. I wouldn't describe myself as a Zappa fan but I'd definitely make the effort to see Dwezil again. The show was awesome. Everyone in our group trooped back to the Liverpool apartment after the show for a natter and a nightcap. I bowed out early to get some sleep knowing I had to rise early and catch the 5:27am to London. The banter and the "whmp whmp whmp" coming through the walls from an adjacent nightclub kept me awake despite my valiant efforts.

I'm sleep deprived again this Monday. An itchy rash developed behind my knees, and has spread over my legs during the course of the week. The most benign thing it could be is contact dermatitis, or stress related eczema. Less pleasant would be insect bites - bedbugs perhaps. Worst case, and hopefully unlikely, would be a misguided autoimmune response triggered by a tumour. Perhaps I've seen too much House MD; it's one of the favourites from their differential diagnosis sessions along with Lupus.

It was the bedbug thought that had my skin crawling last night keeping me awake. Every prickly sensation had to be swatted lest it be a bug. Every spot was a fiery burning itch. I managed maybe an hour of sleep before my 4am alarm released me from that hell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility