Lovly Jubbly

I took a little time today to rebuild my computer with Windows7 and Office10. Luvly jubbly! I then spent some considerable time getting everything running properly, including my genealogy stuff.

Over the last couple of years I've been working on the family tree, researching both male and female antecedents. It became a massive project as the number of families I was researching doubled with every generation I uncovered. Some branches were more traceable than others of course. In some directions I got back as far as the 1600's, but other branches became untraceable much more recently than that.

I have found that my family are humble folk consisting of agricultural labourers, miners (coal/lead/stone), mill workers, domestics, smiths, masons, shoemakers, dressmakers, brickmakers and labourers.

My mother's family were all Yorkshire based as far back as I've been able to go. What I discovered on my father's side reflects the massive population migrations of the industrial revolution. My agricultural labouring forbears left their Norfolk and Staffordshire roots to travel to the coal fields of County Durham and Northumberland.

So far I have uncovered 196 direct ancestors, and another 702 relatives.

Should you be inspired, I've posted my primer for researching Family History in England.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility