Tuesday 25 May 2010

Sharon Stone moment

I had bizarre dreams last night, though not coherent enough to relate here. If dreams are the mind's way of working through problems then goodness knows what my subconscious is dealing with.

The glorious weather yesterday had all the Ravens ruffling their summer plumage. The females sported rather incongruous choices for the office, summer dresses exposing a lot of arms, legs and cleavage. One female raised the temperature on the bus by gracing the males with a Sharon Stone moment as she extricated herself from her seat. At lunchtime Paternoster Square was awash with a sea of pale cotton as the males shed their jackets and ties.

Today the weather is 10°C cooler, and yesterday's flash of summer plumage has disappeared again as the Ravens revert to their dark solemn wear.

I'm hoping for a dull cool summer. The heat is not my friend, neither is the sun. I'm advised to keep my irradiated chest and neck sheltered from the UV, my arm too as sunburn is inadvisable with lymphedema.

To be honest that suits me fine as I've no desire to flash the rolls of flesh I'm currently swathed in. The heat does present an issue though as it is somewhat of a challenge to find long sleeved but cool clothing that fits over my swollen arm.

I'm tempted to go material shopping and run something up on the old sewing machine, but my abilities in that direction are very limited.

I suppose it couldn't hurt to have a play?

No comments:

Post a Comment