Fettered

I feel restless, frustrated, and cooped up.
Forced to periods of stillness, time skittering by, wasted.
I want to grind my teeth, shout, scream and stretch.
I yearn to bite, kick and punch the inanimate objects around me.
My body aches, creaks and twinges.
I feel an overwhelming desire to escape. But what from? And to where?
My mind races with a torrent of fragmentary thoughts.
I itch to be on with a million different projects.
The world is so slow, I wade through treacle.
Tension creases my forehead and pounds at my temples.
My stomach roils on the verge of indigestion.
My bowels clench threatening to humiliate me.
A bad taste lingers, mouth sour with too much saliva.
The jaw jangles at the junction with neck and ears.
Sounds are muffled, distant, ear canals clogged.
I am fettered, cleaved to a track.
I have no independence to veer left or right.
My choices are no choices at all.
Fate drags me relentlessly forward to my preordained terminus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility