Brazen displays

I return to work tomorrow after a week off. I haven’t been anywhere but I have had the best vacation. Mainly I’ve been doing green fingered stuff.

I bought some tiny little succulent plants, but drew a blank finding pots for them. I was stumped for a while, but then remembered I had some old china packed away which had been passed down to me. Now some of those plain old tea-cups are making quite dainty plant pots.



As I may have mentioned, I have a sizeable area of decking. Gradually I’ve been filling it up with flower pots, but I had in mind that I’d like to have flower baskets hanging from the balustrade. Well of course it turned out that nothing entirely suitable existed unless I wanted to fix brackets to window baskets. Then I stumbled across a product called Flower Pouches, which are bags that you can plant with flowers and hang from fence posts & walls. Inspired, I bought some tarpaulin and got the sewing machine out. I hereby trademark the result “Flower Panniers”. I’m hoping the plants will survive, thrive, and bloom. If they do I’ll be sure to post another photo.



The rest of my gardening endeavours have been weeding, pruning, and general tidy up work. The cherry and apple trees have both come into full bloom during the course of the week. Quite spectacular.



Now I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a mite bit peculiar, but this next will probably cause more than a few raised eyebrows. Last year my eye was occasionally caught by the brazen displays of some of our nation’s plants. Perhaps my world view is a little upside down, certainly when the tree kingdom is viewed that way the result is quite startling. The first lewd snapshot was taken in Ireland last year, the second is my own hussy of an apple tree.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility