Dumbed down and juiced up

So I'm back where this blog began, at the Café Nero by the Golden Hinde. The coffee is good here, and the cafe has windows on 3 sides looking out over a street scene which has that special 'charm factor' you don't often see.

Would Sir Francis Drake have been pleased that a reproduction of his ship be used for children's pirate themed parties? I'd be interested in visiting the Golden Hinde if I thought I would learn something of what life was really like aboard an Elizabethan ship. I suspect however that what history there is on board has been dumbed down and juiced up to 'get kids excited by history.'

The building on the opposite side of the river is in the final stages of construction. Builders with their Hi-Vis jackets and hard hats are working on the 9th floor balcony. At this distance they remind me of the Doozers from Fraggle Rock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility