Cacophony of voices

I live in Leeds, and for a few nights a week I lodge in London with a lady who works for the same firm as myself.

Seems crazy to live 200 miles away from work, but on occasion my body betrays me and I need quite ghastly medical treatment - the sort that means you can't manage on your own. Living in Leeds I have my dad & brother close by.

I'm up north now for the Bank Holiday weekend. It feels so good to be home in my big old dilapidated house. This place is way too large for just me, but gradually I'm renovating it, and perhaps once it's in a reasonable state I'll take in a lodger.

Today is one of those rare occasions when the house is tidy and reasonably clean, as I had visitors earlier today. Claire & John came over with their three boys. I was distracted by the cacophony of voices, while Claire & John looked fraught that the lads might break something. I brought out the marbles I'd played with as a kid, and boys had lots of fun with those. The house seems very quiet now they've gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility