Anything but sated

Only 4 weeks in on my "return to work" program and already I'm becoming a creature of habit. I'm at the Café Nero gearing up for my final 1/2 day of the week, before heading home to Leeds.

The sky is an achingly pure ice blue. Hard to feel anything but sated by the warm morning light. I noticed this morning that the trees are greening, their leaf buds just opening. By the time I get back to London on Monday I expect a lot of trees will be displaying their new leaves in all their vivid spring green intensity.

A man has appeared on the Golden Hinde, swabbing the decks. Ok, I admit it, I've always wanted to say that. In truth he's sweeping the deck, but swabbing sounded better didn't it?

There are fewer Doozers on the building opposite this morning. Will the Fraggles be along later to snack on their scaffolding?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A confusing smorgasbord of antipathies

Why, oh why, am I puffed up like a balloon after my operation?

Brimming with possibility